"Both hopeful and devastatingly real."
--Kirkus, starred review
"A poignant look at the messiness of love, faith, and humanity."--School Library Journal, starred review
"Gilbert respectfully and sensitively handles themes of faith, religion, and family ... [A] moving debut."
--Booklist, starred review
• A 2015 William C. Morris Award Finalist
• Kirkus Best Books 2015
• YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2015
• School Library Journal Best Books for Young Adults, 2015
• Chicago Public Library Best Teen Fiction, 2015
• Winner of Children's Book Council Teen Choice Debut Author Award
• Chinese American Librarians Association Best Juvenile Book, 2015
• A Junior Library Guild Selection
Purchase at Indiebound
Purchase at Barnes and Noble
Purchase at Amazon